We ask for these details so we can contact you in case there's a problem with your order.
We also email customers special Sandersons offers and information. For example, if we have your email address, we can alert you to our Internet Sale first so you can be at the front of the queue.
We do not make email addresses or telephone numbers available to other companies ever.
All Sandersons online purchases take place in a safe environment using the latest security technology to protect our customers.
We encrypt your credit card information to ensure your transactions with us are private and protected as they travel over the Internet. We accept orders only from web browsers that permit communication through Secure Payment Gateway - this means you cannot inadvertently place an order through an unsecured connection.
Your payment details are held in an encrypted format until we process your order. All orders are processed on computers that are not connected to the Internet.
This encryption makes it virtually impossible for unauthorised parties to read any information that you send us.
To help us give you the best service, we also keep records of:
- Your purchases with us. This lets us send you the most relevant offers. It also means we can quickly deal with any problems you may experience with your order.
- Any email correspondence you send us. This helps us keep track any problems or concerns you've had with our products or services
All the information we collect via our website or through correspondence with you is used to operate and improve the service we offer you. We are committed to using your personal information only for:
- Dealing with orders and accounts for the supply of our goods and services
- Planning and managing Sandersons business activities, including analysing customers' shopping habits and preferences
- Providing you with information about the products and services we offer
We will never pass on your email address on to a third party for marketing purposes.
We also never pass on credit card details to anyone
There is only one circumstance where we may share some of your data with others:
- In the unlikely event that our business assets are ever sold to or purchased by another company. (Our data records are part of our business).
The Internet is a global network - therefore there are cases where your data travels internationally, which may include places outside the European Union. We want you to know that if you visit or shop with Sandersons, you're agreeing and authorising us to process data in this way.
Internet shopping is becoming more and more popular and the overwhelming majority of transactions are quick, easy and trouble-free. We do everything we can to ensure your shopping experience is as safe and secure as possible.
However, there are a number of additional precautions you can take to increase security:
- We recommend you always close down your Internet browser when you have finished shopping online, especially if you use a shared PC. This will delete temporary Internet cookies from any sites you may have visited
- Never reveal your password to others
- Keep your password as unique as possible and try not to choose obvious passwords, such as your name, partner's name, or other personal information which could be easily obtained by a third party
- Avoid using the same password for numerous Internet sites.
Please note, Sandersons will NEVER ask for personal details via email. If you do receive an email requesting this information, please contact our Customer Service team immediately.
Prices quoted are based on UK delivery. If you are shopping on the UK site with a delivery address in Europe but outside the UK, we may apply your local tax rate to comply with local tax requirements. This means that for some customers we recalculate your payment to cover the difference between UK tax rates and local rates.